Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
strange143
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: T-Mobile LG G2X
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: HellFireSandwich 1.2

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Postby strange143 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

I recently purchased FPSE for Android, specifically to be able to play this game. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get it working. I am new to PSX Emulation, but not emulation in general. Does anyone know if this game is compatible with FPSE for Android, and if it is, what do I need to do to get it working? I have BIOS loaded, and I have tried to put the ROM on my SD Card in multiple formats (.iso, .img) I have also tried to compress the file with PocketISO, but I am not sure if I did that right. Thank you for the help!

strange143
Fresh Fish

Re: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace on FPSE for Android

Postby strange143 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 am

Its crashing right when the game loads. But the application isn't crashing. All that is ever displayed is a black screen with the controls. Nothing such as loading screens or game menus come up. No force closes, the application is running fine. I tried the same file with a PSX Emulator on PC, and it worked fine without being patched. Also, I have gotten games like Spyro set up and working, so the emulator is set up correctly, but maybe there are certain settings specific to the game. Also, I don't know if this is important or relevant, but My phone is a T-Mobile LG G2X running [Rooted]Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. I have also tried this on my old phone, a T-Mobile HTC G2 running [Rooted] Gingerbread 2.3.7. Thanks again for the help!

strange143
Fresh Fish

Postby strange143 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:43 am

I'm getting an immediate black screen, with the control overlay on top. No bios screen or anything of the sort comes up. About what you said about the iso being "Pure", is there a certain way that it should be compressed, or do I need to get another ISO?

Ell cullendo
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

samsung galaxy s2: Star wars episode 1 the phantom menace

Postby Ell cullendo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello.
im having trouble playing star wars episode 1 the phantom menace on my samsung galaxy s2 (i9100)

i have tried many downloads, and even found the disc and copied the files to my phone using the clonecd program.
but every time i go to run it the screen is blank and stays that way. the game controls are showing but its just not running the game. i have no problem running other games such as crash tomb raider and others.
i loved this game as a kid so i would love for it to be working on my phone, any help would be much appreciated.

also im having problems playing 007 tomorow never dies, again i have tried lots of downloads, but this starts up loads plays the introduction, but as soon as it gets to a point were the game actualy starts were u have to play it freezes and closes.

any help again would be great! thanks

Ell cullendo

Postby Ell cullendo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm

hi, im having the same problem. how can i add the patch to the .img file?

hkz90
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android

Re: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace on FPSE for Android still

Postby hkz90 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 am

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest fpse version yesterday from the market.
But it still does not work with Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace!!
It shows a black screen with the pad buttons on the screen and nothing happens.

Additional info:
- I am using a Samsung Galaxy sIII i9300 - stock
- The game iso is fine because i tried it on a epsxe emulator on pc
- I have been looking for solutions for days now but no luck. Some old posts say they have it working but they did not state how.

Any help would be appreciated greatly,
Thank you

Ell cullendo

Postby Ell cullendo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 pm

hi, Me too. im having the exact same problem. and have been looking for a solution for a long time but cannot solve the issue.

please help!!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 pm

this game just need SPUSYNC to on.

hkz90

Postby hkz90 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 pm

schtruck
Site Admin said:

this game just need SPUSYNC to on.

Thank you very much that worked like a charm.
But the game starts and freezes (force closes) when i try playing the first level.. I then changed the plugin from openGL to the soft gpu plugin and the game worked fine but with very pixelated graphics and churpy sound. I liked the openGL plugin because it gave good graphics, do you know how I can make it work with openGL or something that gives better graphics? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks again.

Also, for anyone who cant make Star Wars The Phantom Menace work: switch the spusync option to on WHILE the game is starting.. this way the program memorises the setting for this particular game. Then close the program and reopen the game, it should work.
All credit goes to schtruck (Site Admin)

hkz90

Postby hkz90 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 am

Fixed also, to make the game work with Peops OpenGL plugin you must enable the Dynamic interpreter from the system settings.

Now the problem is the game slows down every time you enter a new room, which happens constantly in this game.. does anybody know what to do for that?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”