Alundra

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
tarkusb
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s2
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Alundra

Postby tarkusb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi there and hello to the forums for my first post.
Having real problems getting Alundra to work on Samsung Galaxxy s2. On the boat at the start 50% of the time you move to a new area (i.e. Cabins) the game screen goes black. Music still plays but thats about it. i have tried various settings but no luck so far. Anyone got any ideas?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Re: Alundra

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 pm

I will try get a copy of the game and test it for you, unless anyone else can help you in the mean time. I remember Alundra being a great game.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

tarkusb
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s2
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby tarkusb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanx, i realy like the look of this one would be great to get it working.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 am

Well I tried Alundra, no issues whatsoever for me so far.

I will try reproduce the fault you're getting, I would suggest though, turning SPUsync on, if you haven't already.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Zerker
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby Zerker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm getting the same problem later in the game. Whenever I enter a new area, there's a roughly 10-20% chance that the game will simply hang on a black screen and keep playing music. It's odd, because I was able to play about 50% of the game with no problems, so I suspect either one of the updates, or changing a setting broke the game for me. I'm not sure exactly what to go about fiddling with in the settings unless someone has a specific suggestion. Is there any way to log some debug data or gather anything else that may help narrow this down?

As it stands, I may just need to take my memory card file to my PC and finish the game at home :(

KrizzB
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 7.7
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby KrizzB » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 am

Im having the same problem, no matter if i use NTSC or PAL roms, still get stuck when entering/exiting a room.

I have tried with SPUSync both on and off and nothing seems to work.

Im running FPSE on a Galaxy Tab 7.7 with Android 4.0.4

KrizzB

EDIT:

I have managed to get the game working without getting stuck by using the Null Sound Plugin, so it seems to me that this problem is sound related, but SPUSync doesn`t solve the problem.

I would love to get sound in this game without it locking up..

Any ideas?

magearden
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android

Postby magearden » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I've tried just about everything to get this game to work properly but I haven't been able to get rid of the dreaded black screen when entering and exiting certain places. I've been able to get through about half of the game but it came at the price of using save states most of the way due to fact that it only happens about 20 to 30% of the time but now its starting to bother me. I've tried setting spusync to off, I've even tried using null sound plugin to no effect. I'm not using any codes except for invincibility but I even tried disabling it but it doesn't work. Please has someone found a way around this. BTW I'm at the scene When Giles is ill but when I try entering the house I can't, all I get is a black screen with music still playing in the BG, can't seem to get past it. :(

Return to “Game-Specific Help”