Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Sandruz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby Sandruz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I guys, my game crash when i try to use an Item during the battle.
I'm trying to catch the Chocobo but it's impossible without use the Gysal.

Does someone occur in the same issue?

Joshua53315
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby Joshua53315 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 am

Having a freeze/crash issue on disc 2; immediately after the cutscene of Diamond Weapon destroying Shinra, the game returns to play mode and requires that you take control of the airship. Once you c onfirm with the pilot you want to take off, the screen turns black and after about a minute FPSE exits by itself (no force close message or error message). Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

I'm running FPSE with the basic options, software rendering etc. and haven't changed settings.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Wow, so many questions over the last several months, but no answers! I hope the people that had problems figured them out and just didn't come back to posy bit I bet they didn't :-(.

Cronies
that looks like you are using OpenGL without alpha multipass. I don't remember if you need alpha multipass for ff7 or not but that's what it looks like. Also - try loading from mem card not savestate.

Fadeken
OpenGL works, but is slower. Does it not work for you? Try the new experimental opengl plugin.

Flipydoo
There's a qualcomm fix for OpenGL I believe. I don't know if it works for your later version but you can try. About audio - 1st you must have spusync on. Then, you want to enable the latency option. Then on the misc menu, low the latency as far as you can. The other options are enhancements, but not fixes I believe. O need to fix the launch on my phone and haven't figured it out yet. Schtruck and i were the ones that figured out a lot of the sound issues were latency issues because of testing on my phone.

Nivosus
I think the qualcomm fix schtruck added was for your chipset. Try enabling it. I think it's in opengl. Also you can try the experimental opengl. I remember a lot of people had this game crashing on the first battle, but i don't know what the fix was. I know if opengl works for you you should be able to use opengl. You can try turning frameskip and Framelimiter on and off to see if the makes difference. I know one game still needs that bit I don't remember if it's 7 or 9.

Wh06010
Again, try the qualcomm fix.

Snadruz
I haven't heard of that issue before.

Joshua53315
I have no specific advice see below.

All
- don't rely on save states!! Use in game saves!!
- If you have problems with a specific spot crashing, you may need to use a different emulator to get past it. I'm specifically think of Epsxe for pc, but you can try any emulator. Just copy your memory card file with your save game on it to your pc, play through it, then copy the file back and have fpse use it. I believe there are some posts that explain this better.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

fadaken
Primary Device: Nexus 7
ROM: Paranoid Android 3.5

Postby fadaken » Sat May 11, 2013 10:13 pm

no all my problems are still there. and to be honest I'm no longer using the app, not recommending the app, and have generally lost all faith in the project. I'm really furious that a app i paid for and worked fine for me, got "UPDATED" and now is totally worthless. i fired it up today after i "Checked in" to see if anything had changed. and nope. I've already explained what my problems Are earlier in this thread. i understand your just trying to be helpful bluezeak, but before whatever update it was i could run any setting in OpenGL and play my games fine, in fact they usually just enhanced my experience, now this app is about as useful as a copy of simcity 2013.
*update*
sadly now there are now even more issues. not going to waste my time explaining the issues. Good luck all still trying with this app, or those of you who are currently enjoying a working app, beware updates!~

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 am

your frustration is valid and justified. many people have asked schtruck if there was a way they could play on old versions.

however, schrruck has shown a HUGE commitment to fpse for years. constant updates and improvements. and he has proven 3 things to me. 1 his updates sometimes cause problems, and he doesn't have a good enough test system in place, 2 he will just his ass to fix issues causes by his updates, 3 overall fpse has gotten amazingly better and better. in fact at this point its starting to border in too configurable. too many options, too many tweaks to get it to work. but that's the trade off with an open source os with a huge spectrum of hardware to support. the alternative is iPhone where its all controlled with predictable results. there would still be configuration...but everyone would be in the same boat.

I'm sure you can understand, what ROM are you running on your device.....

fadaken

Postby fadaken » Mon May 13, 2013 4:01 am

honestly I'm completely OK with not being able to run older versions. I'm even OK with a month black out on use--ability. but it's been way longer than 1 month. I'm running Paranoid Android 3.5 on my Nexus 7. it's not like it's a backwater ROM, on some Low Volume device. I agree completely with you that testing things seems like an after market thought. then the flood of patches to fix as much as possible, while continuing to add new features like wireless LAN or whatever. all the while genuine functions get lost.
TL:DR i understand shits tough but stop breaking your app to add Niche functions. and support some flag ship devices a lil better.

ps1fan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung
Operating System: android
ROM: fpse, harvest moon back to nature, snes emulator,

Postby ps1fan » Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 am

First off I will start with: I do not know exact specs on my phone. Now I will say love the app! Works great with harvest moon: back to nature. I am running into a problem with FFVII though. When I load Fpse it shows the harvest moon cover but not FFVII.. When I try to load the .cue file the screen goes black then fpse auto closes... I also run into if I don't load bios first and try to load the game it says insufficient memory but I have roughly 700Mb of free space. I have been trying all the configs in these forums to get FFVII working but nothing is working.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Tue May 14, 2013 2:05 am

if the game isn't loading it usually means that the I so file you're using isn't pure enough. fpse needs is files that haven't been modified in any way - many isos of PSX games modify the audio or the fmv scenes to make them smaller. also you may need the sbi file ... but I think you just have a bad is.

SaberClash
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 10

Postby SaberClash » Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Hey guys. So I just recently got a Galaxy S4 phone and decided to try giving FF7 another whirl after never getting opengl to work with FPSE on my Nexus 10. Well, to my surprise the Galaxy S4 handles FF7 like a champ in opengl, however there is one small problem. Anytime you get into the battle screen, there's a slim banner of a duplicate window of the battle screen at the top of the game window. It's hard to describe, so I have taken screenshots of what is happening below. This happens on both portrait and landscape modes, as illustrated below.

What you are seeing does not happen outside of the battle screen, however. In menus and in the standard overhead view when walking around the game operates perfectly normal in both portrait and landscape modes. (See below for reference)

I am wondering if this has something to do with the window resolution, since you can see black bars where the game does not fully fit the screen in the overhead view. Perhaps in the battle view instead of putting black bars the game merely repeats itself for some reason. If there was a way to scale the resolution to fit my phone's resolution perfectly, I imagine this would get rid of the problem. If not, does anyone have any idea of another workaround that could fix this?

I should also note that this does not occur while in software mode, however I would prefer to use opengl so a fix would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

fadaken

Postby fadaken » Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 am

Yeah I had asked about that same problem a while ago good luck. As for the open gl I got those problems too

Return to “Game-Specific Help”